Monday, August 4, 2014

Just In Case You Were Wondering...

Here at the Stable we just started reading



(*gasp*, is that a photo? On this blog? Why, yes! Yes! It is!)

And I am head over heels for this series. Reading this book aloud is bringing me back to my 4th grade days in which I was first introduced to this book. I love reading C.S. Lewis works, and I'm so happy to be sharing them with our children. Of course the kids don't grasp every word at their tender ages, but the intensity with which Thomas focuses on understanding the plot is second to none. We read about 2 chapters a night (one before night prayer and one after), and the older little ones are eating it up.

And bonus? I scored the entire Chronicles of Narnia series for a whopping $1.89 at Goodwill early in the summer. Thrift stores have become my favorite place to buy books (and many other things!) as people tend to be donating the very books that I'm trying to procure.


And on an unrelated note...


I do apologize if you've tried rather unsuccessfully to leave comments on any posts on the blog. After hearing of the difficulties from a few people, I was able to fix the problem (with much help from my tech-savvy husband). So please do feel free to comment if you wish! My apologies!

2 comments: